Porsche is a trusted German made vehicle. Due to its higher price range, many people often choose to purchase preowned Porsche’s . Here are a few tips to consider when you begin the process of finding your used Porsche.
Tips For Buying A Used Porsche:
- Do your research: Read as much as you can about the different models of Porsche’s (see more details below), check out consumer reports and touch base with friends who may have had some experience with both new and used Porsche’s.
- Gas Mileage: Gather data on how much gas the model you are after typically consumes. This may help shape your decision.
- Cost of Repairs: Porsche’s are generally very reliable cars but you may want to find a repair shop (such as our in house service department) that specializes in Porsche repairs to ensure that your vehicle will get the best service possible.
- History Reports: A dealer can provide you with all the details you need to know before purchasing a Porsche vehicle. Don’t be afraid to ask! Read through the papers and possibly even pay to have a history report run. This may uncover any issues that could lead to complications down the road.
Aside from these general tips, choosing the Porsche model that works best for you is of course very important. Below is a brief outline of the different Porsche models to get you thinking about which may fit your vehicle needs.
What Model Porsche Should I Buy:
- The Porsche 911 is a legendary high performance sports car that has been in production since 1963
- It comes in coupe, convertible and targa (semi-convertible) versions
- Available with both a 7-speed PDK automatic or 7-speed manual, as well as in rear or all wheel drive
- It does not compromise luxury for performance, it still has features such as heated and cooled leather seats, Burmester premium surround sound, and satellite navigation
- The 911 is packed with technology to help it perform better, such as a torque vectoring system, carbon ceramic brakes, and active adjustable suspension
- There are many special versions of the 911, such as the ‘Turbo S’ which has 580 horsepower and will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 2.9 seconds
- The Porsche Cayenne is a luxury SUV and is Porsche’s best selling vehicle
- As well as offering a variety of gasoline engines, it comes in both diesel and hybrid versions
- Luxury features include heated and cooled leather seats, Burmester premium surround sound, and satellite navigation
- Surprisingly, the Cayenne is a very capable offroad machine, with standard all wheel drive, a center locking differential, and air suspension that can raised with a touch of a button.
- There are many special versions of the Cayenne, such as the ‘Turbo S’ which has 570 horsepower and will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 4.1 seconds
- The Porsche Macan is a luxury crossover SUV, and is somewhat smaller than the Cayenne
- Features include: Infotainment system with satellite navigation and bluetooth cell phone integration, ParkAssist, and Bi-Xenon headlights
- Options include: heated and cooled leather seats, Burmester premium surround sound, adaptive air suspension, and a panoramic glass roof
- There are many special versions of the Macan, such as the ‘Turbo’ which has 440 horsepower and will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 4.4 seconds
- The Porsche Panamera is a full size luxury sports sedan
- It comes in a hybrid version, and an executive version with a longer wheelbase for more rear seat space
- Luxury features include heated and cooled leather seats, Burmester premium surround sound, panoramic glass roof, and a rear seat entertainment system
- The Panamera comes with a host of driver assistance features, such as satellite navigation, radar-based cruise control, and ParkAssist with rearview and surround view cameras
- There are many special versions of the Panamera, such as the ‘Turbo’ which has 550 horsepower and will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds
- The Porsche Cayman is a small mid-engined sportscar, and the Boxster is a convertible version of the Cayman
- They are known to be a driver’s car, the amazing handling characteristics make them extremely fun to drive
- Optional features include heated/cooled leather sport seats, navigation, carbon ceramic brakes, and active sports exhaust
- Optional is either a 6-speed manual or a PDK high-performance automatic