Volkswagen, often shortened to VW, is a trusted German made vehicle. Many people often choose to purchase preowned Volkswagens. Here are a few tips to consider when you begin the process of finding your used Volkswagen.
Tips For Buying A Used Volkswagen:
- Do your research: Read as much as you can about the different models of Volkswagens (see more details below), check out consumer reports and touch base with friends who may have had some experience with both new and used Volkswagens.
- Gas Mileage: Gather data on how much gas the model you are after typically consumes. This may help shape your decision.
- Cost of Repairs: Volkswagens are generally very reliable cars but you may want to find a repair shop (such as our in house service department) that specializes in Volkswagen repairs to ensure that your vehicle will get the best service possible.
- History Reports: A dealer can provide you with all the details you need to know before purchasing a Volkswagen vehicle. Don’t be afraid to ask! Read through the papers and possibly even pay to have a history report run. This may uncover any issues that could lead to complications down the road.
Aside from these general tips, choosing the Volkswagen model that works best for you is of course very important. Below is a brief outline of the different Volkswagen models to get you thinking about which may fit your vehicle needs.
What Model Volkswagen Should I Buy:
- The Golf is a compact 3 or 5 door hatchback
- Comes with either a dual clutch automatic or a manual transmission
- Available as the sporty Golf GTI or the fuel efficient TDI diesel
- Also available as the Golf R with 292 horsepower and all wheel drive
- Features include navigation, premium surround sound, heated leather seats and backup camera
- The Tiguan is a compact crossover
- Great city runabout for the active lifestyle
- Options include Bi-Xenon headlights, all wheel drive, premium sound system, 18 inch wheels
- The Touareg is a mid-size crossover
- Great for a stylish growing family or someone who just needs a little more space.
- Options include all wheel drive, premium sound system, navigation, heated leather seating
- The Eos is a 2 door hardtop convertible
- A sporty yet economical cruiser, the folding hardtop makes this car excellent for both summer and winter.
- Features include Bluetooth audio, heated seats, navigation, 18 inch wheels, Bi-Xenon headlights